Terms & conditions
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) set out your rights and obligations, and those of Drawings By Me Gifts Trading LLC (“we” or “us”), in relation to this website, www.drawingsbyme.com (the “Website”), and any products, services and material of any kind available through the Site or us (the “Services”).
When we refer to “Drawings By Me” in these Terms, we mean us, the Site, and/or the Services, according to the context.
By using the Site or purchasing Services with Drawings By Me, you accept that you are entering into a contract with us under these Terms. People who purchase Services with Drawings By Me become “Users”. Visitors to Drawings By Me who do not register with Drawings By Me, but who nevertheless use the Site and purchase our Services, affirm that they are bound by these Terms each time.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this website. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use this Website.
You should be aware that these Terms may change from time to time in accordance with section 10 below. I agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Notice, and I am 18 years or older.
2. Trading details
Whenever you buy a product through this Website or through the Art Programme run at schools or nurseries, you will be contracting with Drawings By Me Gifts Trading LLC, a limited liability company incorporated in the United Arab Emirates.
- Registered office: Office 1110, Churchill Executive Tower, Business Bay, Dubai, UAE
- Country of domicile: United Arab Emirates
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: +971 50 315 8700
3. Ordering from us
3.1. Product description
We use our reasonable endeavours to make sure that every product on Drawings By Me is shown accurately and that prices are correct. However, occasionally there may be small variations in colour, typefaces and layout.
3.2. Placing your order
A contract for the purchase of a product is created as follows:
- The User places the order on the Site pressing an order confirmation button (“Checkout”) at the end of the checkout process: if the product in question includes content selected by the User it is a “personalised product”;
- By confirming your order, you are agreeing to purchase the product you have selected
- At this point, we take payment for your order by means of your nominated payment method
- We will send to you a “Thank you for your order” email detailing your order, and other information we must provide to you
From time to time, we may reject an order for the following reasons:
- If, unfortunately, we do not have your chosen product in stock
- Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
- If there has been a relevant pricing or product description error
- If your order otherwise breaches any of the requirements of these Terms
- The use of images for a personalised product which are corrupted, unsupported technically or inadequately pixelated
- If a personalised product you wish to order contains anything which contravenes, or appears to contravene, our Content Rules (see section 3.4 below for our Content Rules)
- We suspect that the order has been placed fraudulently
- It appears that the order mistakenly duplicates another order
If your order is rejected, we will contact you to confirm this and reverse the payment you have made for that order.
Note that we may bar or prevent an individual, User, email address or other identifier from making purchases or otherwise interacting with us where we reasonably suspect an association with fraud or other infringements of the law.
We will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctioned countries in accordance with the law of the UAE
3.3. Personalising products
Drawings By Me aims to provide you with a fast, high-quality service. Please double-check your order on screen and your acknowledgement email carefully to check that all the details are correct. It is up to you to ensure that content you have contributed for inclusion in a personalised product is correct, and (for example) is correctly spelt.
If you are uploading a photo or artwork, images must be in (i) landscape orientation (not portrait) and (ii) JPEG or PNG format. Any other format such as Word documents and PDFs cannot be accepted. For best results, we advise that you make the image dimensions approximately 1,000 pixels for the smallest edge of your photos. We print images at 300DPI (Dots Per Inch), so if you are scanning the image we recommend you use this setting. If you try to upload a photo or artwork that has a lower resolution or image size, we will accept it. However, an on screen warning will generally appear to let you know that the image may not appear very well on the selected personalised product.
You retain all ownership rights to any material, including but not limited to text, data, photos, graphics, images, artwork, etc. or other material (“Content”) submitted to Drawings By Me, whether through the Site, the Art Programme run at schools or nurseries, in person, or by any other means. By submitting Content to Drawings By Me, you grant us a nonexclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable license (including the right to grant sub-licences through multiple tiers) to use, copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, publicly display, distribute and communicate to the public your Content.
3.4. Content Rules
We do not permit personalised products to include any content or material which:
- infringes anyone’s copyright: in particular, you must ensure that you either own the copyright in an image or any other content that you wish to include in a personalised product or that you are fully licensed by the copyright owner to include that image or other content in the personalised product
- infringes any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality
- contravenes any applicable law (including, without limitation, any criminal law) or regulation
- is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person
- misrepresents identity or impersonates any person
- includes any material containing personally identifying information about another person, such as their address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person
- contains material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group
- may harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any person
- gives the impression that it emanates from or has been approved by us
- advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act
The above are our Content Rules.
3.5. Ordering multiple products
When ordering multiple products as part of the same order, Drawings By Me will inform you on-screen as to whether they will (or can) be despatched on the same day or as part of the same delivery.
Multiple shipments/deliveries may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.
At Drawings By Me, you can pay for your products using credit card, debit card or any other payment method which we make available to you at the time of your order.
If you make a payment for our products or services on our Site, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection. The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules. We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED
4. Supply and pricing of products
4.1. Supply of Products
The products sold by us through our Website are manufactured and shipped from a range of different in-house and third-party production facilities based in the United Arab Emirates and overseas.
4.2. Prices and VAT
All prices of products shown on the Websit do not include Value Added Tax at the prevailing rate.
4.3. Delivery charges
Prices are shown exclusive of delivery charges; these will be shown separately at the checkout stage before you place your order.
4.4. Substitute Products
Please note that if a product is unavailable, we may substitute it with an alternative product unless you request us not to do so.
5.1. General despatch information
The despatch date is the day we SEND the item you have ordered, NOT the day it will be delivered. It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you provide for any order you place is correct
5.2. Circumstances Beyond Our Control
Neither we, nor any delivery service that we use, shall be liable for any failure to perform Services where such failure or delay results from any circumstances outside our reasonable control; these circumstances include but are not limited to adverse weather conditions (such as storms, flood and extreme winds), fire, explosion, accident, traffic congestion, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, terrorism, act of God, or industrial dispute or strike.
6. Changing or cancelling an order
Once orders are submitted and paid for they cannot be cancelled.
It is best to email us if you need to change your order. Please have your order number or the email address you registered with us available so we can answer your query as quickly as possible.
Emails are answered during business hours (Sunday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm) in the order they are received. It is therefore possible that your order could begin production before your email is processed and we will be unable to make any changes requested in the email.
7. Returns and refunds
7.1. Reporting a problem
If for any reason you are not happy with your Drawings By Me order, please contact us via email. You will need to quote your order number, the email address you have registered and the details of the problem with the order.
7.2. Returning products and issuing refunds
Where an item is faulty, we will ask you to return it to us within three days of receipt. Your right to return items to us in accordance with these Terms is in addition to any other statutory rights you may have.
If you are eligible for a refund, we will reimburse the price you have paid for the product(s) onto the credit or debit card that you paid with. Alternatively, we may offer to reprint (if applicable) and resend the item free of charge. Please note it is not our policy to offer both a refund and a resend.
Refunds cannot be given if the fault is a result of your own actions such as product misuse or if personalisation is mis-spelt or if you have uploaded an image of a low resolution or size. Please see section 3.3, ‘Personalising products’, for more information.
8. Use of the Website
8.1. Abuse of service
You agree not to use Drawings By Me directly or indirectly for any unlawful purpose, or to cause distress or offence to any person. You also agree not to upload, email to us or print any images or other material which might infringe our Content Rules (set out in section 3.4 above).
8.2. Intellectual Property
All text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, page layouts, design and other material that appears on the Website is protected by Drawings By Me’s or third party copyrights, trade marks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. “Drawings By Me” is our registered trademark, and you agree not to display or use it in any manner without our prior written consent.
You may use and access Drawings By Me to the extent required for the use of the Services in accordance with these Terms, and for the purpose that we make them available. You are not allowed to remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in material taken from Drawings By Me.
No-one may copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from Drawings By Me, or any of the material which is found on Drawings By Me unless properly licensed in writing by us to do so. You are not allowed to use Drawings By Me (or to copy or use any material found on Drawings By Me) for any commercial purpose other than to conduct the purchase of a product from Drawings By Me.
No-one may use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access Drawings By Me for any purpose without our prior express written permission.
8.3. Website content and service access
We will always try to ensure that Drawings By Me is available 24 hours a day. However, we will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time, or for any period.
Occasionally, we may provide links to other websites or resources for your convenience. We do not endorse the contents of those websites and are not responsible for their availability or service. We will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked third party websites you do so at your own risk.
We use reasonable care and skill to provide Drawings By Me in accordance with our specifications for Drawings By Me but:
- the Services are provided “as is”
- we cannot and do not guarantee that Drawings By Me or the Services will meet your requirements
We shall have no obligation, duty or liability whatsoever in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty and any other tort) or otherwise, save as expressly provided in these Terms We, our agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees and subcontractors will not be liable to you or anyone else, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty or other tort) or otherwise:
- for any loss of revenue, data, business, anticipated savings, profits, opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or for any business interruption
- any loss or corruption of data
- any loss or damage which does not directly result from (or which exceeds that which was caused as a direct result of) our breach of this Agreement, howsoever caused or arising
Except as expressly stated elsewhere in these Terms, all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms, whether express or implied (by common law, statute, collaterally or otherwise) are hereby excluded, except in the case of fraud, or where such exclusion is not permitted by law.
We will not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations under these Terms caused by matters beyond our reasonable control.
You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the Terms by you, your use of the Site, your connection to the Site, or your violation of any rights of a third party.
The provisions of this section 8.5 shall survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
We reserve the right at any time and without notice (a) to suspend or terminate your ability to access Drawings By Me, (b) to suspend or terminate your use of all or part of the Services and/or any then-current orders for products, and/or (c) to take technical and legal steps to stop you from using Drawings By Me if you appear to us to be in breach of any provision of these Terms. Should we do so, you acknowledge that we shall not incur any liability to you or to any other person.
In addition, we are entitled to suspend provision of all or part of the Services at any time if we are obliged or advised to comply with an order, instruction or request of any limb of government, or any regulator, court or other competent authority.
8.7. Contact from third parties
If anyone contacts us in relation to your use of Drawings By Me or a transaction associated with you, then you agree:
- to provide all reasonable information and assistance we may require in connection with responding to that contact
- to respond promptly and accurately to it, should we pass the message to you for a response
9. Offers and Promotions
The offers and promotions which we make available on our Site are governed by terms and conditions which will be accessible to you at the time.
These Terms are intended to contain your entire agreement with us relating to the Services, the Website.
If any of these Terms is found to be invalid this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully enforceable. Our failure to act with respect to a breach of these Terms by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
Only you and Drawings By Me shall be entitled to enforce these Terms. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Terms.
We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time, and post the new version on Drawings By Me. The new version of these Terms will take effect:
- commencing 28 days after the date of posting (or such later date as we indicate in the relevant posting), if any of the changes is to an operative provision of these Terms which is capable of adversely affecting you
- immediately upon the date of posting (or such later date as we indicate in the relevant posting), if the changes are not reasonably capable of adversely affecting you – examples of which would include, without limitation, (i) changing the name of, and/or the web-address that you use to access, Drawings By Me, and (ii) the refinement of provisions that are already included or referred to in these Terms
In either case, if you do not wish to be governed by the new version of these Terms, you must cease to use the Services and Drawings By Me. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not have any liability to you in that event.
These Terms, the Services and each order and purchase of a product shall be governed by UAE law.
We don’t separately file the Terms entered into by Users when they order our Services. Please make a durable copy of these Terms by printing and/or saving a downloaded copy on your own computer. They are offered in English only.